RALLY UPDATE: We are pleased to announce that Delta resident Jonathan Michelsen and the Raging Grannies will be our musical performers. We will have a model display of the twin tunnels, dancing salmon will be present, as well as a diverse list of speakers representing concerns from all over the State. On July 29th, we will also present the thousands of petition signatures we have collected to the Governor. We will be posting a program soon. We are still taking bus RSVPs until the end of the week or until buses or full!
July 29th will be the last day for public comment on the BDCP. Join us in a rally marking this date and in raising our ongoing message “NO TUNNELS!” We are at a critical time in the BDCP twin tunnels process–we must make our opposition against the tunnels seen and heard throughout the state. We need all supporters to show up in large numbers to show how unpopular these tunnels really are. Save the date, share our event, and plan to join us.
DATE: Tuesday, July 29th
LOCATION: West Steps of State Capitol, 10th St and Capitol Street, Sacramento
TIME: 11:30 AM
Download and share our flyer. More details to come on speakers, live music, and more.
To RSVP for the bus ride from Stockton and/or Oakley or if you have any questions relating to event, please contact [email protected] or call (209) 475-9550.
Buses will be departing at 9:30 AM to the rally. Oakley and Stockton bus passengers will board the bus again at 2:00 P.M., after the rally ends, to return back to their original pick-up locations. RSVP is required for bus rides. A $10 donation is required for bus ride, however we will not turn you away if you cannot make the donation.
BUS DEPARTING LOCATIONS
(1) OAKLEY (Contra Costa County): Lauritzen Yacht Harbor, 115 Lauritzen Ln, Oakley, CA – parking spots will also be available.
(2) STOCKTON (San Joaquin County): AG Spanos Parking Lot, 10100 Trinity Parkway, Suite 120, Stockton, CA – parking spots are available in the highlighted areas (see map).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ALL RALLY ATTENDEES
1. Bring snacks and drinks to stay hydrated. We will have water stations available so be sure to bring your water bottle.
2. Dress appropriately for hot summer weather. Wear a hat and bring sunscreen!
3. Bring handmade signs opposing the tunnels.
4. If you have not made a public comment yet, find out how to here.
Event reminder…Make sure to take a lot of photos and share them on social media with hashtags #thirstybillionaires #StoptheTunnels #SavetheSFBayDelta #notunnels !
More details will come as the date nears.